There are many benefits that come with using eRegistration. They include:
- Faster processing times for documents, especially during busy periods. Bottlenecks usually occur at larger offices such as Winnipeg. The new system lets TPR assign documents to staff around the province which will reduce overall wait times.
- Secure online access to register land title documents.
- Digital sharing of documents with other users (i.e. law firms can share documents electronically instead of couriering hard copies).
- Smart forms that eliminate many errors that occur in manual paper-based forms to minimize the number of applications that are rejected or flagged for deficiencies. Customers cite deficiencies as a major irritant as it slows down document processing and can affect their customer service.
- Automatically assigned registration numbers by the system within official registration hours. This means clients will receive registration numbers much quicker than before.
- Forms that are integrated with many popular automated document preparation software programs for ease-of-use.
- More convenient electronic and automatic payment options.
- Longer hours in which to submit documents—from 6 AM to 10 PM Monday through Saturday, and 7 AM to 10 PM on Sundays.